Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Celebration!

My husband and I were recently lucky enough to attend Star Wars Celebration V in Orlando, FL.  Plus we got to go SANS KIDS!!  A couple of good friends went with us too.  This was our first convention and we had a blast and can't wait to go to another one.  Now I am an official nerd :)   Unfortunately, we didn't make the main event which was Jon Stewart interviewing George Lucas.   There were people lined up since 11pm the previous night to see them and I am lazy and like to sleep.  We did catch the One Man Star Wars Trilogy, which was very cool.



Ok now on to the pictures!...

Darth Vader and me!
Death Star
Hubby and I meeting our favorite droids
At-At!
Run! To the Ice Bar!
Jaba and friends





We stayed at the Omni Resort Championsgate. We wanted to stay at the Gaylord Palms, but used Priceline and got this one instead. I got a pretty good deal, but ended up paying an additional $30 a day in fees that the resort charged. Kind of standard for Orlando resorts, but do wish that Priceline would have made this known when making the reservation. The hotel was very nice and huge! It had a "lazy river" that was a lot of fun. Not sure I would really want to stay here again, mostly because it was soooo far from everything(International Dr. and Disney).
Bedroom
Bathroom
Crappy picture of the outside

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, now we can be BFFs!!